Monday, May 11, 2009

The Blessing of Family

This weekend we were blessed with a visit from Amy and Brian.  It was great getting to spend some time catching up with them and I have to say I just love the way relationships grow, especially with siblings. They go from being something that you had no choice about into something that you'd never trade, for many reasons, but partially because there is no one else with whom you've shared so much history.  So, it was fun this weekend as always to get to spend some time with my sister and to hang out with our husbands who are WAY to much alike in some ways. :) What a blessing!
Along with that, I can't stop thinking about what a gift family truly is from God.  It's crazy how we sometimes don't recognize it when we are able to see them all the time.  We take for granted our time with them until one day they're gone or move away and suddenly we don't get to see them whenever we want. At least that's how its been with my family.  I grew up surrounded by family and then over the last few years a geographic distance has grown between us.  I went away to college and got married.  My parents and younger siblings moved to Oregon and Amy and the rest of the relatives stayed in Arizona where they've always been.  So, suddenly that which was common, being together, came to feel like a unique blessing.  I'm realizing more and more how blessed I am to have grow up in this way with 5 siblings, both my parents, and extended family all around.  What a great thing and so I encourage you today not to take the ones you love for granted.  You never know how much time you're going to have with them so get busy loving them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment