Saturday, August 15, 2020

COVID 19 - Week 8

DAY 50-52
5/4 - 5/6
Uggg!  I've been so overwhelmed the past few days.  The twins are teething which means they are grumpy grumpy grumpy.  Did I say GRUMPY!!!!  So it feels like instead of good and bad days were having good and bad hours and I feel really overwhelmed with our current reality and not even just as it relates to COVID 19 and being sheltered in place.  Honestly it stinks to not see anyone but I cannot even muster the energy to think about going anywhere at this point and maybe it's just cuz we've been out of it for 8 week and it'll feel different as we get back to life but I truly don't think life is going to look normal for us for a LONG time.  It feels like I've bitten off more than I can chew and the only thing worse than my current reality is taking our reality out of this house where we can become a spectacle for ALL.  That's probably dramatic but I'm so done and I'm really struggling to bounce back.  Today as I found myself at the end of my rope I prayed for strength and contemplated how often we pray for strength and then resume trying to do it all on our own.  I'm not even sure what it looks like to rely on God's strength but man do I need to find a way to do this differently because this is just to much.

Anyway so that's where we're at.  This week has been much the same as the past weeks.  School, playing, the kids' new thing is making paper ninja stars.  I think they've probably folded a ream of paper already and I'm pretty sure that all the work I did cleaning the boys' room Monday was for nothing because it is now full of ninja stars which seems to make them happy but only adds to the insanity that I feel.

On Monday Grammy stopped by with some more preschool games for Hazel.  She is still working with her every day to learn her letters and sounds and I'm so thankful.  It keeps her busy while I do school with the older kids and it takes something off my plate that I would otherwise be feeling guilty about.  Also on Monday evening just before we headed out to grab our Monday night take out Uncle Robert and Grammy came by with birthday presents for the Twinnies, Minnie Mouse walkers and another baby push car.  The noise is a little much but the thought was much appreciated and I think once the girls get over being so grumpy from teething they're going to have a blast with them.  I even rolled up the family room rug so that they'd have more space to roll around.  We also got our new speakers for the back deck and sat out there tonight to enjoy them tonight.  This weather is amazing right now and I'm so thankful.  Can't wait for the girls' birthday party this weekend.  We're hoping to grill and use our new patio furniture while the kids play in the water.  It should be great!

Sleeping while I cleaned the boys' room.







Tuesday we mowed the lawn in the evening and did some laundry that was desperately needing to get done.  Did I mention the twins are grumpy?  They've been on ibuprofen for 3 days and it makes it literally impossible to get anything done and it leaves time for things like this to happen.  How she didn't get it on anything I will never know.




The big kids have been good sports.  They entertained themselves for hours today practicing tricks on the swings.

Wednesday  Daddy got more gravel for around the fire pit in the back yard.  I think I'm just going to have to live vicariously through him as he completes projects since I'm not getting much of anything done but it sure feels nice to have things getting cleaned up outside.







DAY 53
Thursday (5/7)  The ice cream truck came today, a.k.a Uncle Robert.  He bought ice cream and popsicles and then came up our driveway bumping icecream truck music.  He's too funny!  The kids loved it!  I had to run up to Walmart again today because I'd forgotten to add cake mix to my grocery list Tuesday so Robert rode up with me which was nice.  I really haven't seen anyone in such a long time.  We also ran to Target because I'm down to my last package of wipes and haven't been able to order any since this whole thing started.  You can get a package or two with grocery pick up but they're always sold out of the unscented ones and you cannot order them delivered which is just crazy.  Anyway, it was my first time going into a store since the Friday this whole thing started and it felt really strange.  I had to wait in line to be let into Target, it was super empty in the store, all the employees wore masks, there were dots on the ground saying where to stand to wait, and there were plexiglass dividers along the registers to separate you from the cashier.  I think the strangest thing was that it all looked so permanent.  Like this isn't going away any time soon.




DAY 54
Friday (5/8)  Well we wrapped up our 6th week of schooling from home and I made the girls' smash cakes today and cleaned a little in preparation for Sunday.  We also finally found a new bike for Sadie.  We'd purchased the 3 oldest kids bikes at the beginning of this but Sadie's broke after only a week and apparently everyone must be buying bikes because there aren't many available.  We were trying to avoid going into a store to get one as it isn't really essential but we finally gave in.  I didn't really want to purchase another one online and have to deal with returning it again if it wasn't a good one.  Anyway, so we grabbed dinner and her bike and then it was home for Star Wars.  We're starting the 7th and final movie.






DAY 55
Saturday (5/9)  Today we burned our burn pile, pressure washed the back deck, and I made cupcakes for the girls' birthday tomorrow.  Hazel is so excited for their birthday.  She's literally been counting down the days.  She keeps asking if they will be the same age as Harper on their birthday.  I think she just can't wait for them to be old enough to play with her.  We also assembled 2 of the babies presents today, a water table and a baby pool.  I wanted to have them ready for their birthday tomorrow and maybe it gets a little of the obnoxious newness out of the way ahead of time :)  I also did a little decorating.  We were planning on keeping this really low key and doing a big party on Memorial Day but I just can't help it.  It feels like a big day!












DAY 56
Sunday (5/10)  Today was Mother's Day and the Aubrey and Maddie's 1st Birthday and it seemed kind of fitting to celebrate them together.  There are finally talks of slowly starting to reopen the state of Oregon beginning May 15th, but since the stay at home orders aren't lifted yet we opted for a small party just Grammy, Robert, and Caleb.  It felt a little strange not having everyone here to celebrate but it was nice to feel like we did still get to do something.  We grilled hamburgers and hung out outside. The girls seemed to really enjoy their water table and pool and everyone enjoyed seeing some family.  The big kids also gave Robert a haircut today, I gave Brandon a haircut, and Robert did an ultrasound on Zoey and thinks she is pregnant.



Haircut Time
Not sure how well I did but I'm certain it was better than the hair cut poor Uncle Robert got.

Uncle Robert's Haircut


Zoey
Uncle Robert is pretty sure he found puppies on the ultrasound.

Playing with their new water table and pool.




Loved this thought by Kayla Steck on being a mom...

Being a mom is pouring yourself out every single day in endless unseen ways. It’s daily putting others first and serving sacrificially. It’s staying up late to do the dishes and waking up early to have a moment alone. It’s long deep breaths, calming prayers, and saying I’m sorry a lot. It’s growing up together, learning together, and discovering a whole new world together too.⁣

It’s an invitation to transformation, to becoming a person of greater love. Its a front row seat to behold the indescribable awe and wonder of human life. And it’s learning that our greatest success may not come from what we contribute to this world, but who.⁣

Happy Mother’s Day friends, you are seen, you are loved, you are valued, today and everyday ❤️!

Mother's Day Gifts
Brandon bought me a new crock pot for Mother's Day this year which a really needed and this beautiful canvas with all the kids' names.

Wyatt has been really into paper folding lately and made me this sword with a secret compartment for his note to fit into.  It made my day to know he though of and made this all by himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment