Thursday, April 9, 2020

Swier Family Reunion 2019

We had another Swier reunion this year and this time we went to a beach a few miles north of Tillamook.  I'm not going to lie, we've been pretty apprehensive about this trip from the beginning just because traveling with our crew is a lot and this trip is awfully close to my due date.  My goal has been to make it until May 22nd, 37 weeks, which is 17 days after this trip, but I'm feeling like the chances of that are slim as my blood pressure has been high and my doctor really just doesn't give me much hope that that will happen.

However, that said I had an appointment Friday morning and my doctor said I was okay to go as long as I was careful.  So we left that afternoon for our weekend reunion.  I really did want to go but I could literally feel my anxiety rising as we moved further and further out of town and I don't think I breathed easily again until we were about 30 minutes outside of Salem on Sunday.  While my doctor had said I was okay to go he had also told me in no uncertain terms that Tillamook would not be delivering mono di twins and that if I did go into labor while we were gone I should expect to be air evaced back to Salem hospital.  Awesome!!!  Oh how I love my doctor.  

At the end of the day I was glad we went.  The kids had a great time and it is always fun to catch up with my cousins and Aunts but I was also so so so relieved to be home and have this trip behind us.

The place where we stayed had a bunk room where our entire family could sleep which was nice and a big family room and porch and yard where the kids could play.  It was also just a short walk up from the beach which the kids loved.

On Saturday we drove to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  The kids enjoyed walking around and learning about how cheese is made.  They also loved the hands on activities such as milking a cow and feeding calves.  I mean its not just every day these kids can do that right???






Mostly the kids just played out in the yard with their cousins enjoying all of the fun toys that Grammy brought and waiting until it was time to go down to the beach again.  My kids LOVE the sand!!!






My Mom and Aunts were also very sweet to throw a baby shower for all the new babies.  Taylor is expecting after us, Katie just had Harper in February, and our twins are due any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment