Saturday, April 11, 2020

Getting Ready For Our Girls!

It is hard to believe how soon these little ones will be here.  I've had so many doctor appointments but the end is actually in site.  Every week they print me my remaining appointment reminders and they're actually winding down.  I really only have a few weeks left and that's assuming I make it until the 22nd.

Miss Aubrey, Baby A, has been breech a majority of the pregnancy which has been disappointing to me because it rules out my chance for a VBAC, but other than that they've been healthy all along the way, always measuring about 2 oz different.  There was a list of complications they prepared me for at the beginning which they said I was at higher risk for because I'm carrying not only twins but mono di twins, meaning they have their own sacs but share a placenta, and because apparently I'm a "geriatric" patient (insert eye roll).  Thankfully the only complication I've experienced is slightly elevated blood pressure.  

This however almost made it worse when last week I found out that Aubrey had finally turned around, but now Miss Maddie is breech.  Little buggers!  So we will see what happens.  My doctor says he will deliver Maddie breech, but I have to go into labor on my own and I don't think that the chances of that are very high.  All along he has been saying he won't let me go past 37 weeks and lately he's been saying more like 36 weeks because of my blood pressure.  I'm trying hard to be okay with this but my c-section with Cooper was really hard and try as I might I really have my heart set on a natural birth.  Dr. Sakon has been telling me from day one that this is not likely and I'm trying to be reasonable and prepared for this but it has honestly been hard.  My past pregnancies have gone so smoothly.  I just really feel like I can do this if given the chance and unfortunately I don't feel like my doctor is on my side hoping for this with me.

Anyway, here are some of the ultrasound pictures of the girls.  It's been so fun to watch them and see them moving and growing.  I think one of the strangest moments so far, other than of course finding out it was twins, was that first ultrasound when we saw all those arms and legs moving around.  I just kept thinking how is it possible that there are 4 arms and 4 legs in there.  So unreal... and then thinking I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that's going to be when they get bigger.  Well let me just say it is as uncomfortable as one might imagine.  We are definitely about out of room and for that reason I guess I'm glad I won't be carrying them a full 40 weeks.







I didn't do a great job with the bump pictures but I did take a few towards the end to help me remember just how this all felt.  For perspective I remember going in for my ultrasound at 20 weeks with Sadie and I was barely showing.  I was working at the time and still wearing normal clothes.  That definitely wasn't the case 5 pregnancies later with twins.

24 Weeks

28 Weeks

32 Weeks


34 Weeks

Well other than just growing we've also been busy preparing these past few months.  In February, on Grammy's birthday, Ryan and Katie had a little girl Harper.  She's such a sweetie and we all can't help but think about what is ahead for us.  All the excitement and sweetness of a brand new baby and then also the fact that there will be two.  We are constantly trying to wrap our minds around this little fact.

My infant car seat is broken so Amy and Ashley gave me their old ones and I made matching covers for them.  It was a lot of work and I didn't love how they turned out but it seemed to make more sense than buying 2 new ones that would only get used once.  I couldn't help but laugh watching these two play with them thinking they are both going to have their own baby to take care of soon enough.  Lord help me!!!

My favorite projects for these little ones were the paper flowers I made for their wall, and their matching hair bows.  I may have gotten a little carried away, but it was such an easy low impact project that I just couldn't help myself.




Ya... Daddy had a few things to say about this but I intend to put EVERY SINGLE ONE of these on their cute little heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment