Friday, May 4, 2018

Here's the thing about being #5

So here's the deal with number #5... 
I felt stretched a bit thin with each of my children to be honest.  With Sadie EVERYTHING was new and that was at times overwhelming, Wyatt came along 15 months after Sadie so that felt a bit crazy, we moved up to Oregon before Cooper was even a year old which meant things were a little out of order, and then I thought Hazel was my last which may have been more emotional for me than it needed to be.  All that said, I started my journey as a mom documenting furiously.  I tried to capture all the milestones and memories that I thought might someday be important.  However, as I had more children and less time I did this less and less.  So here I am a year late posting pictures and memories of my Little Miss Evie, which is a bummer to me because honestly I wish I'd written more down as it was happening, but then I realize that it's just the way of things.  I chose with Evie, above all, to embrace every sweet moment and snuggle I could.  I know from experience how quickly this time flies and I really didn't think I was going have another "1st year."  So, though I've written down far less about her milestones I have also spent far more mornings snuggled up with her.  She is my littlest love and my sweetest surprise and I think that this is what I'll always treasure about her 1st year.  I won't remember exactly what she weighed or exactly when she sat up for the first time, but who am I kidding I don't remember that stuff anyway.  What I will remember is her easy going nature, her smiles, her snuggles, her chubby little legs and cheeks which none of my other kids really had, and I'll know that if someday the kids give me a hard time about not having as much "recorded" for her that it was in no way an indicator of my love for her.  In fact I'd choose to do it the same way if I could do it again.  I have truly loved Evie's first year and I believe she has too.

I LOVE YOU MY GIRL!!

Six Months
You learned to Sit









Seven Months




Eight Months
You learned to give kisses!




Nine Months
Our Miss Evie Rose is 9 months old already.  Where has the time gone.... Evie continues to be as sweet as they come.  She isn't sleeping quite as well as she did early on but she is happy nearly all the time.  She can nap anywhere and is amazingly happy even when she's been drug around all day which seems to happen more often than I'd like with this growing family.  One of my favorite things about Evie is the way she lights up when you talk to her.  She is usually pretty content playing with the other kids all around her but when someone takes a second to talk just to her she can barely contain her excitement.  It's the sweetest thing the way she squeals when she sees Hazel coming for her.  Even though more often than not the outcome is disastrous, then just love each other.  It's also fun to see how all of the kids and bonding and just adore her, but Hazel and Cooper seem to continue to have a really special affection for her.  



 


Ten Months
Weight - 19lb 8oz
Length 29 1/4 inches





Eleven Months
You would have learned to walk sooner if it were up to your siblings, but I told them if they taught you without me I got another baby.  Daddy made sure they waited until I was ready and there to witness those first wobbles which were quite a feat considering all the helping hands :)

Learning to Walk






No comments:

Post a Comment