Saturday, February 10, 2018

SNOW!

One interesting thing you learn when you move to Oregon is that the weather is unpredictable and people will CONSTANTLY tell you, when talking about the weather, that "it isn't usual."   Our first year here I think we got 17 inches of snow in Jeffereson, which was unusual.   Most people said they'd never seen that much snow in this area.  Then the next year no snow at all.  Then this past February we had so many snow days that some schools were having to make up days, and I think we had a record number of rainy days in a row.  One expects rain in Oregon but once again this was unusual.  The rain hasn't bothered me in the past but this winter was long.  I think I'll always vividly remember the first time we had a sunny day after so many days of rain.  It was like a huge breath of fresh air.  People talk about how long the winters can be but I've never felt it until this year.  

At least with all that rain we also got quite a few days of snow which is always both beautiful and so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment