Friday, June 19, 2015

April Showers Bring May Flowers and a Kitten

Summer
Once again we are loving the color and beauty that Oregon summers bring.  Our trees are loaded with fruit, our raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry bushes are exploding, and I can't get enough of our beautiful roses.  It stays light until after 9:00 and currently we spend most of the day and evening outside enjoying the weather.  Seriously, nothing beats the summertime!






Minnie
Sadie has been asking for a kitty since last summer and we finally decided to give it a try.  At the beginning of the month Uncle Robert brought over a little barn kitten that Sadie named Minnie.  I like to call her Minnie the mouser in hopes that she'll take care of a lot of the mice around the property, but Sadie is adamantly against that!  So far she has been a great little kitten, very playful and sweet although she possibly gets more love than she'd like.  She has just recently discovered that climbing trees is her best chance at escaping little hands, much to the kids' dismay, but who can blame her for needing a break when the days activities include bike rides, riding in their cars, being swaddled, and so many other creative things they come up with.   Yet, all-in-all she seems to love them because shes always close by and continues to allow them to carry her around for a good portion of the day.









Mothers Day
I'm so thankful that I get to be a mommy to these little ones.  Although there are days when I think I might go crazy if I have to settle one more argument, or talk one more time about obedience, or carry one more tantrum throwing toddler to their room, I can't imagine my days without them.  They bring exceeding amounts of joy and laughter to my life.  They teach me to slow down, to love genuinely, to forgive quickly, and to PLAY, and they challenge me always to grow in selflessness and patience and love.  I most assuredly love these littles more than anything!!!

Picking Strawberries
The kids had fun picking strawberries although really Grammy picked most of the strawberries.  Seriously I don't know what we would do with out her.  I spent most of the outing trying to get Hazel to sleep, Hazel spent the outing being uncooperative, and the kids spent the outing competing over who had the most strawberries.  Oh well!  We shall try again next year.  At least the strawberries were yummy!


The Circus
A small circus came to Jefferson over Memorial Day weekend!  We decided to check it out with Robert and Amy's family and it ended up being just right for our little ones.  It wasn't anything to big but we got to sit in the front row, it had a tiger, acrobats, and a tight rope walker, and the kids were totally amazed!







Cooper Robert
Cooper really is such a clown these days.  He is constantly making us laugh with his silly faces and the things that he says.  He gets SOoo much enjoyment out of making people laugh and we can't help but laugh a lot of the time.  Yesterday, his thing was to throw his blanket over his head and say, "Hey, who turned out the lights?" and today he was out having a water fight and I couldn't stop laughing as Sadie and Wyatt would dump water on him and then I'd watch him laugh, scoop water in his cup, try to throw it but get himself instead, and laugh again!


Miss Hazel




No comments:

Post a Comment