Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Very Long Christmas Post

We enjoyed nearly every minute of our Christmas Season.  Here are a few of our favorite Christmas memories from 2013. 

1. Choosing Our Christmas Tree
One of the most exciting things we got to do this Christmas was to pick out our Christmas tree.  We've never had a real tree before.  I grew up using an artificial tree and after we got married my Grandma gave me hers. So, even though I've wanted to get a real tree in years past I've always been just a little to cheap to justify the cost.  This year however, my sister-in-law invited us to drive out to her sister and brother-in-laws property to cut down our own tree.  They just bought some land that had trees on it that they wanted to get rid off, imagine that.  We were thrilled to get to take one off of their hands!!!

This is the one!!!  
Just Right
Maybe the excitement of choosing a tree is more of a girl thing...

2. Helping Robert Win His Ugly Sweater Contest

3. Visiting Storybook Land.
The city of Albany hosts an event called Storybook Land down at the fairgrounds every Christmas where you can basically walk through exhibits depicting Mother Goose nursery rhyme characters, fairy tale characters, and family movies.  We had no idea how popular it was and we went just a few days before Christmas so we ended up waiting in quite a long line to get in, which was a bummer because it was so cold outside, but all in all it was a lot of fun.  Next year I'll have to do a better job of reading some of the old nursery rhymes to the kids so that the recognize more of the displays. 




 Toy Story
Thomas
 Monster's Inc.

4. Decorating Christmas Cookies with Grammy



5. Decorating a Gingerbread Train Constructed by Our Ever Talented Grammy 



6. Decorating Our House

Sending and receiving Christmas cards is truly one of my favorite Christmas traditions.


7. Opening Stockings
These are the stockings I was trying to finish as I was having contractions with Cooper last year.  I finished them last year but never got them hung so it fun to reminisce as I hung them this year.

8.  Wearing Christmas Jammies

9. Opening Presents
 

Sadie got a LightBright, one of my favorite gifts as a kid.
Our new train table

10. Spending Time with Family.

1 comment:

  1. That all looks like so much fun! Your mom is seriously talented with the decorating skills! Those cookies were awesome! And I LOVE your stockings!!!!

    ReplyDelete