Monday, July 23, 2012

Siblings

Do you remember these days?  The fighting, and tattling, and life never being fair.  I'm reminded of it every day as I watch these two little guys go at it.  They both want to be held, but Mommy's arms aren't always strong enough for two.  They both want to be first but only one can.  They can't stand to be away from each other because that's just no fun, yet when they're together they pester each other relentlessly.  Some days this age is just plain tiring.




Well this past month, when we were up in Oregon I was reminded of how quickly this stage passes. How the ones who were your greatest rival soon become your best friends. We had one particular moment this trip where we found the six of us "kids" together in my moms car driving to Home Depot. We laughed about how funny it was that Amy was in the back while our two "little" brothers drove us, we laughed as Robert tried to order 6 drinks at the Dutch Brother's drive thru, and for a second I quietly observed and wished that I could freeze that moment in time.  It was like we almost forgot that we were moms, and wives, and husbands, and business partners, and we were just kids again. It was a rare moment of just us 6 being together again. I treasure these moments and have been reminding myself these past few weeks, that when my own kiddos seem to be an especially large handful, that this is what they have to look forward to.  I think that we'd all agree that we'd never have had it any other way and I hope that someday my kids can look back and say the same. Being a part of a big family is the best!
Time sure does fly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment