Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting Back to Our Roots

Life up in Oregon is a little different from life here at home, but we love it!  It was especially fun this time as the kids are a little older and a little more excited about being outside.  There were so many new things for them to do and see. 
Wyatt quickly discovered that his favorite part of farm life is riding on the quads.  He simply wasn't satisfied unless he was outside and once he was out, there was no keeping him off the quads.  By the end of our trip he could practically climb on and drive himself.

Uncle Robert

Incase you didn't believe me about him trying to drive it himself.

 What happened to Daddy?  I'm not done riding yet!!!

Uncle Ryan to the rescue!

 Yes, there is something dead on the front of this quad.  Only in Oregon!

 Sadie wasn't sure about the quad for the first week or so.  Every day we'd ask if she wanted a ride and she'd say, very seriously, "Maybe Later." 

When later finally came she couldn't get enough either

 Target always reminds me of Dad.
One of my favorite parts of being out on the dairy with the kids are all the memories it brings back from my own childhood and especially memories of my Dad!  This place will always be his and I'm so thankful that my brothers are willing to put in all the work it takes to keep it running.  I can't say enough how it fills my heart to watch my kids experience this life.

 Feeding calves with the boys. 
The calf behind us is named Sadie.  Isn't she cute!

Such a big helper.

 Lovin' Life!

 Making new friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love Wyatt rocking all his new kicks!!! miss you guys already.........move up here!!!!! -Robert-

    ReplyDelete