Thursday, October 1, 2009

Please Pray!

So yesterday my dad had an MRI which showed what we all feared it would someday. It showed that the tumor in his brain has spidered out into the healthy parts in such a way that it can no longer be treated or operated on. For us this is obviously heartbreaking and devastating news and honestly it all feels like too much to process.  Really the only thoughts in my head right now are those of grief. I know that God has a plan, but in all honesty it's just too difficult for me to think about it today. For today I am torn between the celebration of Sadie's life which is possibly only days away and the mourning of what seems to be an immeasurable and inevitable loss for our family also in the near future. So, with nothing much more to say, I ask for your prayers. Prayers for peace and comfort for all of us, for wisdom and strength for this day, for blessings on our conversations and time together as a family, and very selfishly that my dad would be in good enough health to come down and meet Sadie when she is born.

4 comments:

  1. Carrie, we're praying for you and your family! Let us know if we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your whole family. I am so sorry Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are in our prayers!!! Oh and welcome Sweet Baby Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete