Tuesday, August 2, 2016

April Fools!?!?!

This was perhaps my most memorable April Fools Day.  Now if you're Uncle Robert this is always a fun day but as for me well I'm afraid it's all a little wasted, just not how I'm wired I suppose.  I don't mind laughing at a good joke or even at myself if it's being played on me, but you won't find me planning one because I can't ever fool anyone anyway, except this year :)

This year we had a little surprise and thought we'd share it with everyone on April Fools Day, mostly because it was the one time in my life that I thought I might actually have a chance to fool my brother Robert, who really does have it coming.

We met my Mom and Robert for lunch that day and before Robert got there my Mom was already telling me about how he'd been giving her a hard time that day and I told her that Brandon was actually going to play a trick on him this year by sending him an old ultrasound picture and saying that we were expecting again.  I then quickly texted Brandon and told him not to send it until after I'd seen them because like I said I can never keep a straight face.  So we had lunch and my kids spent the rest of the day trying to trick me since Robert had taught them all about April Fools day.  "Mom there's a snake!"  April Fools! and on and on...

That afternoon Brandon sent a text to Robert and my Mom with a picture of an ultrasound.  Robert called it right away as a joke and mom tried to play it off.

When Brandon got home we told the kids our news before heading to dinner with the family.  They were pretty excited except Wyatt who at some point put two and two together that it was April Fools and thought maybe we were fooling him.  I think he was actually unsure about it for about 3 days afterwords.



Anyway, so when we got to Moms house the kids told her our news and she laughed thinking it was a joke, but then I told her it wasn't and she believed us and was surprised.  Robert on the other hand refused to believe us.  He said he wouldn't believe us until we told him again on a different day and actually made me swear it before he'd even act like he kind of believed our news.

But it was true...  We are expecting #5 to join our family this coming November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment