Monday, May 26, 2014

Girls Trip!

Since moving up to Oregon, I have sincerely enjoyed the chance I've had to, for lack of a better word, reconnect with my youngest sister Kendra.  I haven't lived in the same state as Kendra in something like 14 years, which seems crazy.  I left for college when she was in 2nd grade and although we're a close family and I have spent a lot of time at home since, our 10 year age span has sometimes felt a lot larger than I'd like.  Because of this, it's been such a blessing to have this time up here with her.  It feels like she's grown up overnight and suddenly as she's planning her wedding and getting ready to begin a career in teaching the span in age doesn't seem quite as large.  

That being said, I was excited to plan a trip up to Seattle with my Mom and Katie to visit Kendra the weekend after Easter.  It was so fun to see where she lives and hangs out, to visit Seattle Pacific University and meet some of her friends, to go to her church, and to really just spend a little time where she does.  Seattle was busy and at times overwhelming with kids, but it was also so much fun!  I can see why she and Andy are enjoying living there so much.


Our hotel was within walking distance of the Space Needle so one of the first things we did, as we were waiting for Kendra to finish up at work, was to walk down and check it out.  Sadie immediately was so excited and dying to go to the top.  Guess she doesn't share my distaste for heights.


Next it was off to dinner at one of Andy and Kendra's favorite pizza places, Pagliaccis.  You can buy the pizza by the slice and it was soooo good.  We haven't found a pizza place we love here in Oregon, which is a big deal since we had a tradition in Glendora of doing pizza every Friday night.  Now if only Pagliaccis was a little bit closer.
My Silly Boy!!!


Saturday morning it was off to check out S.P.U. and to see where Auntie Kendy lives.  Her house was so cute although I don't envy sharing that space with 7 other girls.  Fun as it was in college I could never go back.

Then it was off to visit Andy at Starbucks where Auntie Katie once again couldn't resist spoiling this little one, but don't worry no on is blaming her he's way to cute for his own good.

Kendra then took us to Kerry Park so that we could take in this beautiful view of the city.




From there it was off to Pikes Place to ride the bronze pig, to watch fish being thrown, and to look at some of the most beautiful arrangements of flowers I've ever seen.


Only the best Aunties let their little nephews feed them.



Back at our hotel room it was time for a little break from all our walking and to taste some of the cupcakes my mom is going to make for the wedding.  She has become quite the cupcake master in the past few years and made 10 different variations for Kendra so that she could choose her favorites for her wedding and shower.
Finally after a complete and total Sadie melt down on the way to dinner we finally made it to the space needle.  After being out all day poor Sadie had had enough.  I don't remember what set her off but she cried nearly the entire way to dinner and for the first 10 minutes of dinner until I was about ready to lose my mind.  I nearly begged her to take a bite because I knew she was hungry and when she finally did it was literally a matter of a couple minutes until she said her first rational word and I knew we were going to be okay.  Apparently she's like her Mommy and gets a little bit grumpy when she is hungry.
Yes, that is the remainder of a hamburger in her hand.  As already mentioned, eating was a priority!




She was a much happier camper on the walk home.
This little guy somehow still had energy at the end of the day.  So we ran in down the hall a few times...
and watched Saving Mr. Banks until he finally crashed around 9:30.

On Sunday we attended Kendra and Andy's church, Bluesky.  I had heard so much about it so it was fun to finally be able to attend a service there.
Goodbye to Seattle for now, and to Kendra and Andy, but I'm already looking forward to a return trip with Brandon in two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment