Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Is Here!!!

Well technically I don't think we were quite to the first day of spring when the daffodils bloomed but it was close enough for me.  In fact, I was so excited to see these first signs of spring that I even drove down to the end of our road and cut some of the daffodils that were growing wild there.  I've said this before but it has been so incredible to really get to experience the seasons this year and I love that my kids now know what a daffodil is because we looked for them everywhere as we drove around this past month.

With the spring has come noticeably longer days and warmer weather and we are all loving that.  The kids can't get enough time outside, especially Cooper.  In fact, getting him to come back inside has become quite a challenge.  It's almost like they've kept track of all the hours that the were forced to play inside because of the rain this winter and now they are determined to make up the time.




Cooper is glad that there is still a little rain because literally his favorite thing to do is play in the puddles.  It will be a very sad day for him when the last puddle dries up.
The daffodils were followed by the tulips which I might love even more.  So glad God made such a beautiful world for us to explore!


It's still not quite warm enough to garden but thanks to Uncle Ryan's green thumb we already have some fresh lettuce. 

Uncle Robert also helped us to welcome the spring time with our newest additions Sven and Olaf.  These two are what they call bummer lambs.  Apparently when a Sheep has more than two lambs she isn't able to care fore them all so one of the lambs usually doesn't survive unless they are bottle fed.  Uncle Robert with his limitless connections knew of someone who had a bunch of these little guys that they were bottle feeding and wanting to get rid of so surprise surprise two of them ended up here for Sadie and Wyatt.  They love them already and I'm pretty sure if we dressed Cooper up like a lamb they would think he was one of them.  They follow him everywhere.






Olaf and Sadie

Wyatt and Sven






Finally made my Easter banner!!!!
Reminds me of you Courtney! So glad you introduced me to this great craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment