Thursday, January 9, 2014

Our 1st Snow!

We were so excited to welcome our 1st winter here in Oregon with SNOW!!!!  It started snowing just as everyone was waking up so we enjoyed it from the window for just a bit and then the kids were so excited that we just had to get out and play.  So, even before we ate breakfast we bundled up and headed outside to try to catch some snowflakes with our tongues, and to play, and of course to take pictures.



Then we headed to the airport with Uncle Robert to pick up Grammy, having no idea just how much it was going to snow or how dangerous the roads would be.  What should have taken us 2 hours took us closer to 6 and all along the way we saw trucks that had slid off of off-ramps and other minor accidents.  We had to pull off once early on to take Sadie to the bathroom and that's when I began to realize that this was going to be quite an outing and that I was quite unprepared.  I had a few snacks but nothing like I would have if I'd known how long we'd be in the car.  So, we did our best.  We put both the kids in pull-ups and at one point bribed them with m and m's to use them because we didn't dare get off the freeway again.  Probably not my best parenting moment but don't judge.   After getting Grandma we made a quick stop for groceries, snacks, and more pull-ups, and then we headed back home. Needless to say this was not using my best judgement and Daddy wasn't very happy with me, but it was an adventure and thankfully we all made it home safe and sound.



We did our best to make a snowman but the snow didn't want to stick and toddlers have very short attention spans.  So, this was what we got and although small I thought he was pretty cute.


1 comment: