Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome Cooper!

Cooper joined our family about a month and a half ago and it's been a bit of a whirlwind to say the least. I'm not sure why that surprises me. Grandma came down the Tuesday before Cooper arrived, which was great. We spent two days finishing up a few projects and doing my last bit of Christmas shopping, and by Friday I was feeling ready to meet our newest addition. I'd had some contractions over the couple weeks prior but nothing significant.

So, Friday we got busy walking and by 4:00 I was having consistent contractions. We headed to the hospital 12 hours later and found out a few hours after that that our little one was breech, much to my dismay. My Dr. attempted to manually flip him but when that didn't work we headed in for a c-section.  I will admit that I was a bit hysterical over the whole situation, but I blame that on my hormones.  My Dr. was wonderful, reminding me that I was going to have my baby in my arms soon, and sure enough a few minutes later Cooper was born at 8:49AM. He was 21 inches and 8.4 pounds. We took him home on Sunday where he was greeted by his very excited big brother and sister. They'd been to the hospital a few times to visit but were very excited to have us all at home together. It seemed they just couldn't get enough kisses that first day, which was sweet, although a bit overwhelming for Mommy and Cooper at times.

Grandma stayed an extra week to help with the kids while I recovered which was a huge blessing to us, and although I couldn't imagine feeling up to being on my own after just a week and a half by the time she headed home I wouldn't say I was up to it, but I'd say we felt like we could at least survive the week until we headed up to Oregon for Christmas and where once again we'd have a lot of extra hands.

 Cooper Robert
We were proud to give him my Dad's name "Robert" who we miss very much!
Although these are never great pictures, they are one of my favorite moments with each of my kids.
 Meeting Cooper for the first time.
 Daddy and his clan.
 Can't believe how blessed I am!
 Our new family.
Sadie holding Cooper for the first time.
 Sadie is so excited to be a big sister!
 Thank you Grandma for all your help and support.
 Brothers
Just Born
1 week
Dr. Williams

My good friend Andrea came over a few days after Cooper was born to take some pictures for me.  Here are a few of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment