Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 2011

I'm always sad when Christmas is over as I absolutely love all the traditions surrounding our celebration of Christ's birth.  This year was especially fun as Sadie is just starting to enjoy some of the traditions such as Christmas lights, or as she calls them "Twinkle Lights!"  We hung our lights Thanksgiving weekend and every night we would go out and turn them on when Brandon called to say he was on his way home, and every night I got the same excited squeals of "Twinkle Lights, Twinkle Lights!!!!" from Sadie.  These are the kinds of sounds I sometimes wish I could put in a box and keep forever.

Hanging our Christmas lights


Since Sadie was so excited about the lights this year we also made a trip out to Rancho to see a neighborhood out there that puts on a great display.  The kids loved it!
As Christmas was on a Sunday this year we let the kids open one of their presents on Christmas Eve morning so that they would have some time to play with it.  For anyone who happened to catch Brandon's play by play on Facebook of my Black Friday shopping experience at Toys R Us, this was my bargain.

Say Cheese!

And tackle your brother...

And go...



Yay for our new climber!!!

 On Christmas day we went to church, opened presents at home, and then headed out to Oceanside to spend the afternoon with Nana. 




3 comments:

  1. I love this picture! I finally have the net in new home. I will have lots of fun looking at all the pictures of my grandchildren and Brandon & Carrie.

    from Mom (Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, my email address is jlh9839@aol.com, password is jannice79

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. what is your email address?

    ReplyDelete