Thursday, January 6, 2011

Has It Really Been 4 Years?


Today Brandon and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe that it's already been 4 years since we began this journey together as husband and wife.  I am truely thankful for the blessings of marriage and for a wonderful husband who has been by my side to celebrate in the good times and support me in the difficult times these past few years.

2007
Our first year of marriage was fun.  We lived in a 1 bedroom apartment in Glendora, Brandon worked for a company that did residential building and remodel while I was a 3rd grade teacher, my sister Amy got married, my family moved to Oregon, we volunteered with the college group at our church, Brandon scared me every chance he got, we laughed together a lot, ate at Taco Bell and Micahelangelo's Pizza a lot, we went to Seal Beach to celebrate our 1st anniversary, and occasionally we fought ususally over budget issues.  Sound familiar to anyone :)

 2008
Our second year of marriage was a little harder. We learned in February that my Dad had a brain tumor and spent a lot of time traveling separately and together to visit my family and then in April I learned that my teaching job was being cut.  Amidst these hard times we also began looking for a house, talking about starting a family, Brandon got a new job as a project manager for a commercial construction company which was closer to home, I was rehired to teach 3rd grade, we bough our "family car" the Pilot, we went on the APU alumni cruise to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, and we began meeting with our small group which continues to be a huge part of our lives.

 2009
Our 3rd year of marriage was busy.  We found out we were pregnant in January, we moved into our 1st house at the end of February, in March my brother Robert was in a very serious car accident, my dad continued to battle his brain tumor, Brandon worked hard to remodel our house finishing 2 bedrooms, our living room and our kitchen before Sadie's arrival in October, and in November my Dad passed away. So, we spent the end of 2009 in Oregon with my family saying our goodbyes and supporting one another all the while celebrating the new life we'd been blessed with in Sadie.

 2010
Our 4th year of marriage continued on much the same path.  I was blessed to spend most of the year at home with Sadie although I did enjoying subbing a little bit towards the end of the year, Brandon finished remodeling the guest bathroom and family room just in time for Sadie to begin crawling around and making a big mess, In May we found out that we were pregnant with our 2nd Wyatt Allister, in August my sister Amy had a little girl Payton Hope, and Sadie learned to do a million things this year and continues to be such a joy in our lives.

2011
Well I don't know what this next year holds for us other than that we will be welcoming Wyatt sometime in the next couple of weeks, but I'm thankful that I have some one to share it all with and trust that the plan is good.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice recap. When you get older, it may be hard to keep all these details straight. Now you've got it recorded! Enjoy your next few weeks with only one kiddo around.

    ReplyDelete