Thursday, November 19, 2009

Home At Last

It's been a long journey as we've walked with my dad through his battle with cancer and today he went home to be with his Savior. The reality of it all hasn't set in yet, I feel like this is an alternate reality, one I'm unwilling to accept, and yet I know that it is real and I'm so thankful for the hope that I have in Christ and for the family that is surrounding me now. God is so good! We were all together when he went home and the lyrics to this beautiful song were playing. What comfort we have in the fact that Jesus has overcome the grave and that we will see the ones that we love again.
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
[Chorus:] And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise I will rise
There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise I will rise

5 comments:

  1. Carrie, I am sooooo sorry for your loss! Your family is a true inspiration of faith and I am so blessed to know you and to have been able to be even a small part of your life. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I am so glad your Dad has a new body and is no longer in pain!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie, I am so sad to hear your news. We are praying for you and your family at this difficult time. I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredible inspiration to me...know that your Dad's life continues to touch all you are around because of the beautiful way you remember him! What a gift you are to him as a daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family Carrie...for the peace that surpasses ALL understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please know how much we care for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete