Friday, July 24, 2009

Fun Projects and Messy Projects

Brandon is on to the kitchen and is currenly in the demolition phase. Yikes! What a mess! However, I'm learning that this is the process of things in a fixer-uper. Sometimes life has to be messy and crazy before it can get to where we want it to be.
Meanwhile, I have been working on a few fun projects of my own. I got a sewing machine last Christmas and it has been in the box ever since. However, with some time on my hands this summer I decided to get some use out of it. First I made this cute nursing cover.  For a first project it was super easy and fun! I actually made 3 of them over the course of about a day. Then feeling a little more confident I moved on to making curtains for Sadie's room, that's what we've decided to name our baby girl by they way. My friend Melinda and I found a great fabric store in Anaheim called M & L Fabrics. Their prices are similar to JoAnne's but they have so many more choices. It was actually a bit overwhelming at first but we found fabric that matched Sadie's bedding and I can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the nursing cover and LOVE the curtains!!! Good job Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything!!!! I LOVE her name by the way! Cora was ALMOST Sadie!!! That is so funny! it has been one of my favorite names for years :) I'm glad it's going to such a darling girl to be! Great job with the sewing Carrie!!!

    ReplyDelete